Nancy Penrose, Writer Books, Stories, & Videos
- Behind the Brushstrokes: Tales from Chinese Calligraphy, co-authored with Khoo Seow Hwa, Hong Kong: ASIA 2000, 1999
- "The Only Piano in Paksé" Bakka Magazine (September 2006)
- "Dance of the Dumbo Octopus" (Nov. 2008). Three-minute video first screened in the Smithsonian Sant Ocean Hall, NOAA Ocean Today kiosk, Summer 2009
- "What is the Journey..." (Oct. 2009). Promotional piece for Global Partnerships Business of Hope Luncheon
- Down to the Volcano (2013). Supervising producer for this 28-minute program about a science and engineering team led by the University of Washington and funded by the National Science Foundation, to build an advanced deep ocean laboratory - on the edge of an active submarine volcano, over a mile below the surface.